“Anything you want in love you should have. If you want someone to send you flowers just because it’s Tuesday, you should have that. If you want someone to write you love letters, you should have that. If you want someone who looks at you like the sun rises and sets because of you, you should have that. In life, we often have to settle for “okay” or “good enough”, love should not be one of those things.”—c.h.dixon. (via anticry)
“And I can’t
but to run my fingers
down your spine
like you are my
book. But I still
cannot read you,
your own language.
Your pages are
tired and torn,
but I want you,
I want it all.”—Michelle K., “Like a Book” (via oofpoetry)
Write ten facts about yourself and then pass this on to ten of your favorite followers
1. Portland has recently become one of my favourite cities.
2. I enjoy taking photographs and making videos to document this thing we call life.
3. I made the best chili bowl last night. It consisted of homemade spicy vegetarian chili garnished with cilantro, quinoa, garlic tahini (the coolest kid ever helped me on this one), and all topped with a freshly sliced avocado. NUMS.
4. I wake up at 4am [almost every work day] to go to work.
5. I f****ing love coffee. Cold brew, iced lattes, Gibraltars, French press, pour over… Gah!!
6. My Vespa’s name is Jean-Pierre, or JP for short.
7. LA is my second home [besides bay/NorCal area].
8. Belgium, white ales, and stouts are my preference.
9. I tried sashimi and nigiri for the first time this year. I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Salmon nigiri especially.
10. My bike’s name is Riley [the Raleigh rush hour]
“You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things.”—Jamie Tworkowski (via unmaiden)
You can never really discover something really worthwhile, unless you take the risk and go after it. But sometimes those risks can end up in failure or some bad result. How do you continually get back up and go hard at life, as hard as it hits you? What motivates you to keep trying? I mean I know that you learn from your mistakes and grow, but you... (well I) reach a point sometimes where it seems I get knocked down 19 times out of 20. so what keeps you going? long question sorry!
There will always be moments where it feels like your world is falling apart. I constantly remind myself that it’s only temporary and to take it as a learning opportunity (even if it’s 19 out of 20 times). I figure if you’re determined and work hard enough for something you want, you’ll eventually get there. If anything, it gives you a chance to reflect and discover something new about yourself. Idk man, just remember to love yourself and sometimes, it’s okay to be selfish. #youdoyou